Thursday, April 16, 2009

Three Weeks Left of School?!

It's so hard to believe that it's the weekend and I only have THREE WEEKS left of school. WOW. The school weeks here go by so fast. I'll get the "oh my gosh it's only Monday?" feeling on Monday and then it feels like I blink and it's Thursday already.

It's been a pretty good week at school. We had a short little paper to do for Literature and watched a movie in Law that I have to write a paper on this weekend. The movie was called Mar Adentro and was about this guy Ramón Sampedro who was a quadriplegic and wanted an assisted suicide in the '80s. We have to write a paper with our reactions to the movie, so I have to think of something more than that I cried through the entire second half :-). The movie is really good (very sad), and I recommend it. It stars Javier Bardem as Ramón and won the 2004 Oscar for Best Foreign Film. Check it out! I also have a big Literature paper due on Monday, so that will be taking up a lot of the weekend. 

Tonight, Breezy, Alli, Kristin and I are going to meet up with some Spanish girls for tapas. We have this program called intercambio where our school can set you up with a student from the University of Granada who is studying English and you can get together and practice your languages with native speakers. Breezy's intercambio is a girl named Vega so we're meeting up with Vega and her friends to practice. I'm still a little under the weather from traveling but am so excited about this possibility to practice Spanish so I'm going to go for sure. My proficiency test is in four weeks!! Yiiiiikes.

Rosario had a few friends over at lunch today and I was trying to practice with them, but it was pretty difficult. Between ten days of speaking English last week and the fact that they were speaking a mile a minute and eating at the same time, I was having a lot of trouble understanding and getting a little discouraged. I think (and hope!) that tonight will help bring my confidence up a little more. That test is looming!

Other than that, I'm just kind of relaxing back into life in the piso and getting so excited about my return home. I've got a little something up my sleeve that I don't want to spill too much of yet in case it doesn't come to fruition, but it would be really exciting. I should find out in the next few days if it's going to happen... cross your fingers!!

No comments: