Friday, April 24, 2009

A mí me gusta mucho ir al cine

Today was a really fun day because Breezy, Vega (the Spanish girl who is Breezy's intercambio), and I went to the movies! Breezy and I have been talking about wanting to see a movie for awhile now, and it was a perfect day to do it. 

Walking into the movie theatre was one of the biggest reminders of home I've had so far. Seriously, aside from everything being in Spanish, it easily could have been an American movie theatre. It's fun that the schema is just so similar. The smell of popcorn, the obscenely large boxes of candy, the overpriced soft drinks... all of it!

We saw a Spanish movie called Al Final del Camino, which was about two journalists (who hate each other) who have to go undercover to do a story about a retreat for couples with marital problems. It was really cute, and, of course, the journalists fall in love at the end. Very textbook romantic comedy :-)

Vega invited us to go to a big party tomorrow. It apparently starts at noon and goes the whole day and a TON of Spanish students will be there. I heard "room full of Spanish people to talk to" and I was THERE! I will make sure to take lots of pictures and blog about it tomorrow!

No comments: