Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good News :-)

Oh my goodness, Tuesday is almost over. I swear, the school weeks here absolutely fly by. This week's been pretty good so far! I had my big literature paper due on Monday and was having a lot of trouble thinking about what to write about on Sunday night, but I ended up having one of those lightbulb moments early Monday morning (the paper wasn't due until the afternoon), so I think I did okay on it!

It's just been a pretty normal week! I've been watching a lot of my Office DVDs... that's fun! We have a lot of stuff to do in all of our classes these next two and a half weeks of school, so it's just a lot of homework and a lot of studying. My favorite teacher is Yanira (I have her for both literature and conversation) and she has been so understanding about us having so much to do. We were supposed to have conversation presentations next week, but she came into class today and said that they weren't important and she wanted to take away some of our stress so we don't have to do them. I love her!

We all had a ton of fun for Laura's birthday on Saturday. We botellóned a little bit by our favorite "juice bar" (it's actually a café with slot machines called a salón de juego (game room) but someone thought it said salón de jugo (juice bar) the first week and the name stuck). After that, we went to a bar near our pisos, then to both of our favorite chupiterias, and then a discoteca that's built into a cave. It was the coolest disco ever-- literally the walls are just cave. It was a ton of fun and a great way to celebrate Laura's birthday.

I'm just kind of working on homework and putting some stuff together these next few weeks... it's so weird that my time here is winding down! I remember in January when I literally thought April would never come, and now it's almost May!


Oh... and did I mention... 

... Remember that little plan I had cooking up circa two posts ago? It just came to fruition. See everyone in time for Mother's Day :-) 

1 comment:

Sue said...

WOOHOO!!!!! Happy dance! We are all just dying to see and hug you. I'm so glad you were able to make the switch. Study hard and i'll see you 2 weeks from Sat!!!!! Love, Susie