Friday, April 3, 2009

Lauren's Here!!

YAY!! Lauren made it!! I went to the airport at around 4:40 yesterday and was able to meet her as soon as she got through baggage claim. It was so great to see her and we had SUCH a great time yesterday.

We got her settled into her hostel, then just took a little walking tour of my favorite parts of Granada (Cathedral, a few plazas, the ice cream shop that Matt and I were obsessed with, school, etc.). When it was about 8:00 we headed over to the Mercadona to pick up some sangria and botellón by the river at sunset. It was so relaxing and so great to catch up. After that, we went over to BADos (obviously!) for a tapas dinner and some more drinks. Lauren got to meet Alé and Moha (our two favorites), as well as bartender #3, whose name I don't know but gave me the two-kiss Spanish thing and asked where Matt was and then said that I have a lot of visitors and that I'm very lucky because my dad, boyfriend, and cousin all came. I told him I know-- I'm a VERY lucky girl to be able to have all three of them come.

Lauren loved the dinner (as I knew she would) and we started getting pretty tired right after. I took her to Dolce Vita for one shot and then back to her hostel to crash. I hopped in a cab (figured I'd throw that detail in for you, Mom-- I don't walk alone at night! ) and got back to my piso, chatted with my mom and dad and Matt and Sarah, and then turned in for the night. 

Now I'm just going to finish packing, head over to Lauren's hostel, spend the day sightseeing, and then we're off to London tonight!! :-) 

No comments: