Thursday, March 12, 2009

Busy Week

I apologize for the lack of bloggage this week! I had a test yesterday and one today, plus a paper due today, so it's been a big study week.

Ummmm.... let's see! Here are some random highlights:

-The weather in INSANELY gorgeous. Low 70s and sunny every day. I've been spending a lot of time outside trying to get some color on me. Rosario told me that I looked tan and that she was shocked because I'm "very, very white". It was pretty funny. I'm not burning, though! Those OBBT summers have done me well. 

-Yesterday we had pizza for dinner. I tried to explain the concept of deep dish to the kids and they were amazed (of course, I then pulled up Giordanos' website and showed them). They asked how big the cheeseburgers were, so I showed them Chilis' website. Carlos gasped, turned to me and said "I am coming to visit the United States!" Then he told me that he was going to eat 90 pizzas and 80 cheeseburgers when he came to visit

-Carlos spent all of last night singing, "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" (in English). It was one of the cutest things I've ever heard, especially because he didn't know the "and a happy new year" part. He just kept repeating, "We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas" over and over again.

Today's our last day of class for the week, and then we have our day trip to Córdoba tomorrow. Tomorrow also marks the HALFWAY point of study abroad. WOW. In some ways it feels like it flew by and in some ways it feels like I've been here for ages. I've got a ton to look forward to in the second half of the experience, though!

T-minus 9 days till Matt gets here!

2 comments:

Gina said...

SINGLE DIGITS!!!! :-D

Sue said...

So good to hear from you again! Any discussion in Spain about Madrid's chances of hosting the Olympics in 2016? Of course, Chicago is one of their major competitors. Less than 2 months until we see you again!!! Love, Susie