Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Four Weeks!

Well, the most exciting update of the past two days is that I bought a new coat! I love my red coat, but having to wear it almost all day literally every day for four weeks got to be too much. I also realized that it looks like I'm wearing the same outfit in all of my pictures. Meg and Caitlin studied abroad in Ireland this past summer and warned me that I would get sick of my coat, and I really do understand now! In any event, I managed to find a really cute and cheap khaki trenchcoat at a little store on my walk to school yesterday. I'm loving the change of pace :-)

I also went grocery shopping again today. There is something about grocery shopping that just makes me so happy (I'm a nerd, I know!), so I'm pretty lucky to live right above a Mercadona (Spain's version of a Jewel). I bought some cereal bars and some health cookies, although the cookies taste so good I'm starting to doubt how healthy they are! 

We had swordfish for dinner, and I fell in love with it. It is SO GOOD! I'm totally expanding my tastebuds and starting to eat like an almost 21-year-old instead of like a toddler. For lunch I had some sort of stew with lima beans, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, and chorizo. A month ago I would have picked the two chunks of chorizo out and called it a day, but I really enjoyed it! (This will be really exciting for anyone who's ever sat with me in the AGD kitchen while I attempt to pull every onion and chunk of tomato out of Darrick's four cheese ziti).

Today marks four weeks since my arrival in Granada and three months till I return to the US! 

No comments: