Monday, February 16, 2009

Care Package #2!

Today was a pretty ordinary Monday-- had my two classes, went to the gym, and came home for dinner and homework. The best part of the day, however, was getting my second care package from home! My parents sent me makeup, magazines, and maps of Rome and London, plus Nature Valley peanut butter granola bars and pretzels-- both of which I've been missing! Isn't it kind of strange that pretzels don't exist in Spain? We tried to explain them to Julia the other day in Grammar and she looked at us like we were crazy. She then proceeded to ask us if they were terrible for our health like everything else that we eat. I think the only reason I don't like Julia is because of how mean she is about food. She apparently only eats fruits and vegetables and tells us how fat Americans are and how we shouldn't eat any sweets and how one time she tried a little peanut butter and she had a stomachache for the rest of the day because it was so fattening. Um, ok? (I should also add that after one particularly preachy class, six of the eight of us went to get tortas de chocolate in protest. It was the best torta de chocolate I've ever had) I should also put the disclaimer on this rant that people discussing other people's eating habits is a total pet peeve of mine. Eat what you want, but don't criticize what anyone else chooses to eat. It's none of your business and it shouldn't really matter to you. And if it does, keep it to yourself. (Ok, rant over! I promise that's the meanest I'll be on the blog :-))

This time tomorrow, my dad will be on his way to Granada! I CANNOT wait for him to get here!!

2 comments:

Patty said...

That's my girl!

Gina said...

I FOUND PRETZELS!!! Not quite the same as home, but close enough! They're my favorite snack food!! haha And they're really cheap here :)